BMW 135i 235i 335i 140i M140i 240i LSD Exchange Diff
These are no longer machined builds save for the early 135i/335i manual 3.08 differentials. All late model units are now complete ground-up rebuilds featuring:
- Brand new forged ring and pinion in 2.56, 2.81 or 3.08
- Brand new full set of ball bearings (x4)
- Brand new full set of new genuine BMW seals (x3)
- Your choice of torque-biasing or limited slip differential
- Complete factory blueprinting
These Diff Lab differentials are the only option in Australia for a complete rebuilt 215LW differential with a proper full size LSD unit. Unlike the BMW M Performance unit, these use a real 215 sized LSD, not a 188 size LSD in a 215 case.
Options on this page are for E60 535i(MT)/540i/545i/550i, E90 and E92 335i, E81 and E82 135i manual/DCT, F21 M135i manual, and F22 M235i manual, 140i, 240i. Most late model BMWs with the 215LW differential use the same differential case, with a different backing plate. If the vehicle is N54 or N55 powered, this is usually the correct differential. They are typically 2.56, 2.81 and 3.08. Some early 135i and 335i vehicles are 3.45. The 3.45 differentials are not done on exchange as they can be assembled much more quickly. Though the 140i is automatic, it cannot use the cheaper 135i/335i automatic 3.45 differential.
Your late model turbocharged BMW responds very well to an LSD upgrade and a ring and pinion upgrade. Diff Lab's limited slip differentials are the very best available. Torque-biasing units (MFactory, Wavetrac) are a good option where cost is a factor, and will give your road car a more stable and predictable feel.
When you order a Diff Lab late model ball-bearing differential, it will be assembled within 5 business days and delivered to your door, or to a Diff Lab partner workshop. Configure your differential using the options. You can choose your desired gear ratio, LSD configuration and upgrades.
If you are not sending a diff into be built, and you need an exchange differential, a fully refundable core deposit of $1000 is added. If you do not return your old differential, you will not receive your core deposit back. Return freight via TNT is available.
LSD Options: You can configure your ultimate LSD with any of the LSD units in the drop-down menu. There are helical (torque-biasing) and clutch type (limited-slip) options.
Ring and Pinion: There are no Motorsport ring and pinion upgrades for the 215K ball bearing differential. All ring and pinion sets are new aftermarket items.
Diff Bolt Upgrade: The case bolts are often corroded, rusted and stretched. Replacing these is highly recommended.
Race Blueprinting: Diff Lab's special differential specifications for dedicated race differentials. This involves setting up the differential to handle higher temperatures and to have lower resistance. Race blueprinting is not for road vehicles.
Postage: Free delivery of your new diff is available to RX Automotive Brisbane and Brisbane Motor Works. Discounted postage to other preferred workshops. The freight costs to any other address shall be determined and a separate invoice will be sent to your Email address. Exchange differentials must be drained, cleaned and wrapped.
Why Buy From Diff Lab?
See why this is the best choice for you and your BMW:
- Built in Brisbane by one of the most experienced BMW LSD builders in Australia.
- Have your differential swapped over or installed at any of Diff Lab's partner workshops.
- Fully blueprinted to target specifications, not to any old specs within a wide range.
- All rebuild components are genuine. No cheap local parts are used e.g. Chinese made oil seals.
- New clutches and Hardcore Floater Plates installed as required.
- Have any ratio you like - even the rare ones and Motorsport gears.
- Delivered to your door and ready to bolt in. Just add LSD oil (Liqui Moly or Penrite 80W140 synthetic).
- Exchange service with fast change-over. Usually assembled within 1-2 days.
- LSDs are inspected carefully with parts replaced as required.
- Never has an LSD been returned to Diff Lab under warranty.
- Should you need support, you are in good hands and Diff Lab will get you back on the road ASAP.