Contact Diff Lab
Use the contact form to send Diff Lab a message, or send an Email to:
Phone: (07) 3077 6660 (Urgent enquiries only, 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri)
International Phone: +61 7 3077 6660 (9am - 6pm GMT+10 Mon-Fri)
Phone calls should be reserved for urgent enquiries and trade customers needing to order immediately with same-day postage. For pricing, stock availability, discussions about your vehicle etc, you should use email instead. This is a one man operation, and there are only so many hours in a day. Some calls will go unanswered. This is normal and it means an important job is being assembled. Send an email instead. Emails are checked numerous times throughout the day.
Diff Lab is based in Brisbane, Australia. Email is recommended for international customers.
Units 3 & 4, 256-258 Musgrave Rd, Coopers Plains QLD 4108
The workshop is co-located with Rencal Motors. There is no manned retail store front for walk-in enquiries. Please call or email instead. Visits to the workshop are strictly by appointment only. Please do not show up at the workshop unannounced, as you will be disappointed. All differentials must be couriered to the shop. Only regular trade customers may make deliveries. Do not call the Rencal Motors phone number for Diff Lab enquiries. If you bother the Rencal Motors workshop with Diff Lab enquiries, your job will not be completed.
Important: Differentials must be thoroughly drained and cleaned prior to delivery. You must not send dirty differentials containing oil via courier. This leads to businesses being banned from shipping. Uneconomical charges apply for cleaning and draining differentials. I operate from multiple premises and other independent BMW workshops where I am needed. Unscheduled visits may result in tears.
Exchange Diff Procedure
- Drain the old differential thoroughly while it is still installed in the vehicle.
- Remove the old differential, soak in degreaser and pressure wash.
- (Finned differentials only) Remove the rear cover and install onto new differential with Loctite grey or blue sealant.
- Install new differential and fill with Diff Lab's supplied or recommended oil (most units use 75W140 limited slip). Tighten both plugs to spec.
- Completely drain the old differential by placing it upside down, and spray inside with brake cleaner. Allow to dry.
- Place old differential into the box supplied, and strap to the pallet supplied. You must return the pallet or you will be charged to replace it.
- Return the old differential by TNT only, within 7 days. You can book in online without an account.
If you want Diff Lab to beat a price on a stocked item found elsewhere: