Lotus Elise Exige 18K 1997-2006 LSD OS Giken Superlock
The OS Giken Super Lock LSD is the culmination of over four years of extensive research and development that led to a revolutionary LSD design with the capacity to house an unprecedented number of friction plates (up to 28 plates in total). Combined with a patented lock timing system, the Super Lock LSD is able to achieve complete lock in a progressive, smooth, and quiet manner, making it suitable for both street and racing performance. Diff Lab can customise the LSD configuration from mild to aggressive.
- Miniaturized pressure ring and a superior spline-through-side-gear design allows for fitment of more friction plates (up to 2x as many as competitors versions), offering true 100% lock capability.
- Patented pressure ring design allows for smooth, progressive locking
- LSD case has a relief cut-out for the cone spring, resulting in minimal cone spring degradation and enhanced durability.
- All components are chemically heat treated for maximum durability
- All components are constructed from a high-grade steel alloy
- Gears are raw-forged for maximum strength
- Clutch disks are precision-machined simultaneously on both sides to extremely tight tolerances resulting in minimal warpage.
- LSD case is machined from a single billet piece to ensure uniformity.
- The OS LSD standard spec allows for low preload while still retaining a fully progressive 100% lock capability; the vehicle will feel like driving on an open diff in slow turns / street driving, but can still transmit maximum power to the drive wheels under load.
- Operation is ultra quiet, and the progressive locking allows for smooth, predictable locking. Especially when replacing an open diff, equipping OS LSD will completely improve the driving experience while maintaining everyday drivability.
- Due to the precision manufacturing, high-grade materials, and unique design, a break-in period nor rebuild is required for OS Giken LSD’s. OS LSD is purposefully over-engineered to offer the best performing, most durable clutch-type LSD available.
- Aside from the performance advantage and stock-like feel at slow speeds, vehicles equipped with OS LSD are more stable in all road/weather conditions, allowing for a safer driving experience.
- Initial torque can be adjusted by using thicker / thinner cone springs
- Lock progression timing can be adjusted by using stiffer / weaker pressure ring springs, allowing the progression of full lock to be fine-tuned to the vehicle/driver.
- Ramp angles can be customized by swapping the pressure ring and iron cross for even more tuning possibilities.
- TCD spec disks can be installed for increased oil cooling and even smoother operation.
Super Lock LSD – Spec X
For vehicles that are heavily modified or are particpating in specific forms of motorsports, we offer the Spec-X LSD. The custom order Spec-X is available in 1-way, 1.5-way, and 2-way configurations and can be made with custom cam angles, lock timing, and initial torque settings.
Traction Control Differential (TCD)
The innovative TCD system uses specialized oil channels and pathways to provide maximum oil flow and minimal noise, resulting in exceptionally smooth locking.