BMW E46 M3 LSD Exchange Differential Upgrade
Exchange differential (if available) to suit E39 M5 and E46 M3. Rear aluminium cover not included (keep your own). There are options to select a ring and pinion upgrade, an LSD upgrade, or both. Ring and pinion upgrades to 3.85, 3.91, 4.10, 4.45 and 4.75 necessitate a complete strip and rebuild. LSD upgrades will not involve changing any pinion components (only carrier bearings and side seals are changed).
The LSD upgrade will resolve the "M clunk" issues which affect the factory fitted LSD. It is essential to check the driveshafts for wear also, as the factory fitted LSD can wear these prematurely. Noise may remain if the driveshafts are worn and are not replaced.
The final drive upgrade (if not packaged with an LSD upgrade too) will not resolve any noise issues, and may make the noise worse. The LSD performance will be poor. The differential will continue to contaminate oil. It is strongly recommended to only perform a final drive upgrade if also doing the LSD upgrade. We strongly suggest not using an exchange differential when only doing a final drive upgrade. You should retain your existing differential, as it may be less noisy and worn than an exchange unit.
This exchange differential can be delivered to a partner workshop for a same-day change-over. Diff Lab's partner workshop will drain, clean and return the old differential on your behalf. There is no core deposit paid when using a partner workshop. Some partner workshops have free delivery, or discounted postage.
Postage: Free delivery of your new diff to RX Automotive Brisbane and Brisbane Motor Works. An additional money request will be sent via Paypal if the checkout under-prices the freight significantly for your address, as it will do for all regional areas.
Why buy from Diff Lab?
See why this is the best choice for you and your BMW:
- Built in Brisbane by one of the most experienced BMW LSD builders in Australia.
- Have your differential swapped over or installed at any of Diff Lab's partner workshops.
- Fully blueprinted to target specifications, not to any old specs within a wide range.
- All rebuild components are genuine. No cheap local parts are used e.g. Chinese made oil seals.
- New clutches and Hardcore Floater Plates installed as required.
- Have any ratio you like - even the rare ones and Motorsport gears.
- Delivered to your door and ready to bolt in. Just add LSD oil (Liqui Moly or Penrite 80W140 synthetic).
- Exchange service with fast change-over. Usually assembled within 1-2 days.
- LSDs are inspected carefully with parts replaced as required.
- Never has an LSD been returned to Diff Lab under warranty.
- Should you need support, you are in good hands and Diff Lab will get you back on the road ASAP.
Diff Lab often rebuilds already rebuilt LSDs. There is only one way to rebuild an LSD and that is the correct way. Too often Diff Lab opens rebuilt LSDs to find internals installed backwards, upside-down, worn beyond manufacturer limits, and non-OEM parts used. I often find strange looking shims in places where they don't belong. I find a lot of metal shavings, deformed parts, bolts without thread locker, incorrect or undersize bolts installed, strange modified LSDs which self-destruct and assembly specs way outside of the manufacturer's guidelines. These unlucky customers have to pay for two rebuilds: the dodgy work, and then Diff Lab's rebuild. Don't get caught out. Diff Lab diffs are built to work and last. They will not need to be opened for many years of road driving. Just change the oil with good quality a quality synthetic product as needed. You wouldn't hire a clown to fix a leak in the john, so don't hire one to work on your differential either. Choose Diff Lab instead.